How to Humanize Your Online Class with VoiceThread
an eBook by Michelle Pacansky-Brock
It's like a personal workshop… to go!
VoiceThread has become one of the most popular Web 2.0 tools used in education. Ninety percent of its 4-million users are educators and its recent LMS integration has accelerated site-wide adoption.
Michelle Pacansky-Brock is a noted leader in online learning who has been teaching with VoiceThread since 2007. Michelle has taught faculty across the nation and beyond to use VoiceThread in pedagogical contexts through conference presentations, her book Best Practices for Teaching with Emerging Technologies, face-to-face workshops, online classes, webinars, her blog, and her YouTube channel.
In this eBook, Michelle shares a thoughtful and detailed compilation of effective instructional design and pedagogical strategies for using VoiceThread's unique, humanized learning environment to effectively support online, student-centered learning.
Get the Free eBook & Resources Here!
Custom Feedback Icons
Beautify your VoiceThreading and your students' humanized online learning with these custom feedback icons.
8 Elements of an Effectively Designed VoiceThread
Facilitating Learning with Feedback
Who should read it?
This book is written for educators who:
- Have a basic working knowledge of VoiceThread (basic "how to use" VoiceThread skills are not covered but are available on VoiceThread's support side and are frequently linked to in the eBook)
- Have an interest in building community in their classes
- Have identified the potential of VoiceThread in learning but need to see examples to use it effectively
- Have an interest in harnessing the potential of technology to support the diverse learning needs of their students
- Have students who are reluctant to use voice/video comments
- Need clarification and guidance about how to create accessible content with VoiceThread