VoiceThread Research Study:
This Study Is Now Underway!
The participant sign-up process is closed. Thank you for your interest.
My name is Michelle Pacansky-Brock and I am a doctoral learner at Capella University in the School of Education. This is an invitation to participate in my research study about how an eBook impacts faculty perceptions of the use of VoiceThread.
Please review the high level overview provided in the middle column and then download the Informed Consent Form to review the full risks & benefits of participating.
The "How to Participate" section explains how you may join the study.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
- be a part-time or full-time higher education faculty member in the United States
- have a VoiceThread account (free, individual, department, or site license)
- be at least 18 years old
What to Expect:
The study will:
- require about 4.5 hours of time spread over 4 weeks (an average of 1 hour per week)
- be completed asynchronously, online
- be anonymous
- involve completing 2 online surveys, engaging in either an eBook or a series of webinar archives, and sharing reflections in an a private social networking group
- include a voluntary interview at the end of the 4 weeks
Informed Consent Form
Risks & Benefits:
- To learn about the risks and benefits of this study, please download the Informed Consent form above.
How to Participate:
you would like to participate in this study:
- Click on the "I AGREE" link on the final page of the document to indicate your consent.
- This will take you to a very brief online sign-up form. Once 52 participants are signed up, the study will begin.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email or phone.
My contact information is below, as well as on page one of the attachment.