What is VoiceThread?
VoiceThread is an application that runs
inside your web browser and may be integrated with any major LMS. VoiceThread allows you to place collections of media that may include
images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of a
conversation. These conversations are not live; they take place whenever
and wherever it is convenient for people to participate. In VoiceThread, comments may be made using voice, video, or text.
Each VoiceThread you create may be accessed in 3 ways:
- VoiceThread.com: the main web application, which now supports navigation with a mouse & closed captions for central video files and audio/voice comments
- VoiceThread Mobile (now available for iOS and Android)
- VoiceThread Universal: an html version of VoiceThread that is screenreader accessible
3 Types of VoiceThread Activities
Share a VoiceThread with your course Group, grant them "View" and "Comment" access, and they all will have the option to make comments in voice, video, or text on all slides.
Grant your students "Edit" access to any VoiceThread you create and tha VoiceThread is transformed into a collaborative space. Editing a VoiceThread provides students with the ability to add their own slides, creating a collaborative, rich-media experience. Many of authentic assessment opportunities here!
VoiceThread is a great choice for student-generated, rich-media projects. The Share options put students in control and allow them to share their with their fellow classmates or with the broader public.
Give it a try!
- Click through the slides using the arrow buttons in the lower right corner.
- When you are ready to comment, click the + icon at the bottom of the screen and select your commenting method.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your account or register for a new (free) one.